How to Pick a Staffing Firm: Key Benefits to Look For
If you’re in search of a new job, a staffing firm is a valuable partner. Your recruiter will work with you to understand your career goals and help you find a job you love. You’ll gain access to unposted job openings to greatly expand your opportunities. And your recruiter is there with you to help you succeed. So, how do you decide which staffing firm is the best one to work with?
Five qualities of top staffing agencies
The industry’s best staffing firms have a few qualities in common. You should choose one you’ll feel comfortable working with that can offer you career opportunities you need to move forward towards your dream job. You should also look for an agency that offers any of the following:
- A robust benefits package. Since a staffing agency will be your employer (at least temporarily), you will receive benefits through them. And the best agencies offer comprehensive benefits that include medical, dental and vision care; 401(k); wellness services; etc.
- Referral bonuses. One of the best sources of talented new staff is through current workers—and for this reason, many top staffing agencies offer referral bonuses. This means if you work for an agency and know someone looking for a job, you can refer them for employment—and receive a cash bonus if they’re hired.
- Training and support. Top staffing agencies want their workers to succeed, and provide the tools they need to do so. You’ll get adequate training and onboarding to start your new job, plus frequent check-ins to be sure everything is going OK.
- Easy communication. If you have any questions or concerns about your temporary job, you should be able to get in touch with you recruiter quickly and easily. This could include phone, email or text contact.
- Career development. What are your future plans for your career? Many staffing agencies provide the training you need to turn a temporary assignment into a full-time position, or other development opportunities to grow in your career.
Where should you begin?
You can find staffing agencies in your area through a simple Google search, or by asking your friends and colleagues for referrals. Then, once you have a few names, you can begin your research by visiting agencies’ websites or calling them to learn more.
Looking for a top staffing agency in Martin, TN?
Connect with the team at Hamilton-Ryker. We place candidates with administrative and light industrial positions, and we’re looking for you! We’ll help you develop your career with the skills you need for full-time work. To learn more about our job opportunities in Martin, Tennessee and beyond, contact us today.