1353 -Electrical Engineer Houston, TX – SEEKING MILITARY AFFILIATION
Job Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/11/2023
Hours: Day-time job
Salary Range: 95000.00 USD – 105000.00 USD
Bonus/Other: 4% to 6%; not guaranteed, based off performance
Dress: Business Casual
**EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: BS in Electrical Engineering
The Electrical reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager. The position is located at our Houston, TX corporate office and will require approximately 50% domestic travel. The position offers challenge, variety, and the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of activities supporting the engineering and electrical needs of our fleet and operations across multiple project sites. The successful candidate will have excellent engineering skills with demonstrated capabilities in design, budgeting, scheduling, reporting and vendor coordination. The position will interface and work closely with the Company’s Estimating, Mechanical Engineering and Operations groups to assure successful project execution.
About the Company:
Our Company is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic. Headquartered in Houston, TX we have more than 200 pieces of dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world. We are currently seeking a Site Manager to join our team in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities encompass everything from new build documentation to onsite field support. The essential elements of the position include, but are not limited to:
– Design, control, and implement electrical systems for the new and existing fleet.
– Prepares proposals, drawings and inquiries as required to meet the needs of the equipment group and the project estimating group.
– Coordinates with subcontractors and suppliers to meet design requirements of electrical systems.
– Executes upgrade project proposals including pricing, specifications and single line drawings as required.
– Coordinates with regulatory bodies for approvals of electrical systems.
– Coordinates with the respective department(s), such as mechanical engineering, maintenance, IT, etc. on projects requiring joint execution.
– Travels to project locations around the USA to work on assignments as assigned by the Electrical Engineering Manager.
– Maintains accurate copies of drawings and software in the company’s electronic document system.
– Performs on-call work during normal working hours and after hours as necessary.
– Repairing and performing quality control of electrical equipment.
– Follows safe and compliant working procedures.
– Providing technical leadership to employees and contractor
– Competitive salary with annual performance and salary reviews.
– 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
– Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants 401(k) accounts based on company’s annual performance.
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Our company participates in E-Verify as required by law.