26789 – Manufacturing Supervisor FT 1st Shift Dayton, OH – Seeking Military Affiliation
SALARY – 71700.00 USD – 90000.00 USD
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Supervise, plan, and coordinate production for assigned areas, including direct and indirect employees.
– Typically supervise more than 15 employees and multiple departments and possess.
– Ensure labor is utilized most efficiently and effectively.
– Interface with various groups to include support departments such as engineering, quality and purchasing, and vendors and customers to provide the highest quality product and best customer satisfaction.
– Develop training programs as required to improve employee skills.
– Actively pursue and suggest operational improvements to enhance quality, production, and cost reduction.
– Lead, mentor, and motivate workers to provide and instill a positive work environment.
– Analyze and resolve work problems.
– Interpret specifications, blueprints, and work orders to assign the appropriate duties.
– Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
-Take corrective action as necessary, promptly, and per company policy.
– Ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations, company ISO quality program, procedures, policies, and safety and environmental regulations.
– Consult with the Human Resources department as required.
– Responsible for performance monitoring, evaluation, and compensation administration for subordinate employees.
– Maintain production and attendance records.
– Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
– May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
– Machining metal and manufacturing experience required
– Three years experience in a heavy manufacturing shop, preferably in a process-oriented shop or related industry.
– Prior supervisory experience a plus.
– Strong knowledge and application of ISO, API, and other applicable manufacturing standards and regulations.
– Must have one year of forklift experience.
– Intermediate knowledge of computer software including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
– Experience with SAP software preferred.
– Strong customer service skills in managing difficult clients, vendors, audit agencies, or customer situations by responding promptly to requests.
– Proven leadership demonstration to effectively orchestrate human resources and training functions.
– Strong conflict management and leadership skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
– Strong problem-solving skills to identify and resolve problems promptly.
– Proven ability to coordinate, direct and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
– Excellent organizational and planning skills to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
– Adaptable to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and competing demands.
– Must have freedom and willingness to work extended hours and on-call to support production and customer requirements 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
– Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
– Must possess basic math skills