27418 – CNC Lathe Machinist FT 2nd Shift Hoston, TX
– SALARY: 44512.00 USD – 52000.00 USD
– SCHEDULE: NIGHT SHIFT – 4:00 PM – 3:30 AM WITH WEEKLY OT REQUIRED (WORKING AROUND 50+ HOURS PER WEEK)
– SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL: $2 PER HOUR
– Set up and operate CNC Horizontal Lathe.
– Validate machine programs and work instructions before machining to ensure the accuracy of operations.
– Set up and operate CNC Lathe for the first article to prove out program and set up instructions.
– Process remaining parts while conducting constant checks and inspections to ensure the entire part run meets dimensional and surface finish requirements.
– Read and interpret engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), and work order routings.
– Document actions by completing work order routings.
– Maintain safe operations by adhering to the company's safety policies and procedures.
– Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
– Keep machines and work area clean and organized.
– Work as a team player with others in a demanding, fast-paced environment to meet frequently changing production.
– Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
– High school diploma or GED.
– Minimum five years of machinist experience with Horizontal CNC Lathes.
– Recent experience operating small and large CNC lathes with Fanuc Controls (i.e., Mori Seiki, Puma, etc.)
– Basic math skills
– Basic computer skills
– Understanding Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how it applies to part inspection.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Knowledge and experience in using machine tools (cutting tools), work holding equipment/fixtures, and needed accessories to operate and maintain CNC machines.
– Proficient in using various measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, dial bore gages, ring groove gages, etc.
– MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO WORK 2nd shift (with shift differential pay), overtime, and weekends as needed.