27615 – Offshore Wind Project Engineer FT 1st shift Houston, TX – SEEKING MILITARY AFFILIATION
Salary Range-$81,500-$86,500 USD
Bonus/Other- Up to 4% Not guaranteed and based on performance
Dress Code-Business Casual
The utility scale Offshore Wind market in the US is expanding rapidly, to meet commitments of the United States for renewable energy generation and carbon free energy solutions for the next decade and beyond. The Project Engineer will have a broad role and will be involved in all phases of the projects, from the planning to closing. The Project Engineer works across all engineering disciplines and internal and external stakeholders to ensure work performed on the project is in accordance with quality standard and safety. This is a key position to support strategic entry into the burgeoning US offshore wind market and capture a tremendous growth opportunity as the world transitions to cleaner, carbon free sources of energy.
The position, located in Houston, TX, will be part of the growing Offshore Wind group initially reporting to the Offshore Wind Project Engineering Manager (PEM) for pre-construction engineering and planning, then be assigned to various offshore wind projects for the execution of the project. The position can grow into an assignment onboard the company’s state-of-the-art DP2 Subsea Rock Installation Vessel (SRIV) currently under construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Responsible for preparing the vessel mobilization procedure and work methods
– Prepare the rock installation construction data sheet
– Support the PEM for developing rock installation procedures
– Support the PEM in defining engineering scope and deliverables, staffing, planning and budgeting per contract requirements
– The Project Engineer will receive and verify data from client and other contractors
– Understand and monitor all interfaces with marine warranty surveyors and regulatory bodies/authorities to ensure requirements are properly addressed and relevant documents are reviewed in time.
– Responsible for timely issuance of all project documents including the operation report after project completion
– Participate and provide input to the project close out meeting and lessons learned meeting.
– The Project Engineer will be required to spend time offshore during the rock installation and responsible for daily progress report including quality control, interface with marine warranty surveyors, and the rock installation pattern update
You have strong communication skills and a go-getter mentality. You are accurate, helpful, independent and eager to learn. You are able to collaboratively work within diverse and multi-cultural environments. You must have the ability to adapt, to establish and maintain strong relationships internally and externally. You are an excellent command of English both verbal and written.
Required SkillSkill Level:
– B.S. or M.S. in Ocean/Offshore, Naval Architecture, Marine Transportation, Coastal Engineering, Civil Engineering or a similar major
– Must have 2 to 5 years of prior experience in subsea installation
– Excellent communications skills for interfacing with office and marine personnel
– Understands the basic project management processes including planning and project control
– Knowledge with Project Management tools such as MS Project
– Knowledge in Subsea Rock Installation operation and survey is a plus
– Candidate must be very familiar with standard Microsoft Office Suite Software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
– Must be able to travel; light travel as required during planning phase. Possibility of developing into an offshore position which would require extensive travel.
– Ability to obtain a TWIC, passport, working visa(s) and medical certs such as BOSIET and OGUK prior to going offshore.
– Must be able to work in an in-office work environment; at this time the in-office work personnel are working a hybrid schedule of 4 days in the office and 1 day remote (this includes temp, temp to hire, & direct hire personnel).
– COVID-19 vaccination is preferred
– Competitive salary and bonus program.
– 401(k) program that includes 100% company matching of the first 6% of employee contributions with immediate vesting.
– Annual profit-sharing contributions by the company to participants 401(k) accounts based on companies annual performance.
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life and Disability insurance plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or any other protected category.