28141 – Quality Manager – Shreveport, LA
SALARY: 83144.00 USD – 109288.00 USD
WORKING HOURS: 7 AM – 4 PM OR 8 AM – 5 PM
NO REMOTE OR HYBRID SCHEDULE
NO RELOCATION OFFERED
SOME TRAVEL DOMESTICALLY FOR AUDITING PURPOSES
Provide leadership and direction to Quality Assurance Personnel. Provide quality technical information in support of Manufacturing, Sales, Leasing, and Operations.
- Manage and coordinate activities, including creating quality processes, quality training for other departments, and performance evaluation of vendors through established goals and objectives.
- Provide continual evaluation of department processes, methods, and activities to ensure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
- Manage budget and expenditures.
- Responsible for all quality-related processes at a facility or regional level.
- Provide support to manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing.
- Effectively utilize the authority to acquire corrective action through management.
- Monitor, review, and approve quality audits.
- Acquire working relationships with technical staff operators, contractors, agents, and leasing personnel.
- Attend industry seminars and trade shows when required.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify, manage, and audit vendors to quality-related standards.
- Create, revise, and manage product line-specific quality documentation.
- Maintain and develop the group's Quality Manual, Quality Policy, and accreditation status.
- Promote a QA culture and lead efforts to improve quality performance.
- Liaise with all suppliers and vendors on matters of Quality Assurance, ensuring that the quality philosophy is foremost in their minds.
- Have a significant focus on managing supplier and vendor quality.
- Responsible for coordinating Quality Assurance to a high standard for the group, complying with ISO-9001, and managing all the procedures and work instructions that apply to the group.
- Ensure that legal and 'best practice' is implemented regarding records, documentation, storage, retrieval, archiving, presentation, and backup.
- Affect continual improvement in the management information system of the group.
- Engage in any other reasonable activities requested by the location's General Manager or Group VP.
- Ensure the group's quality control and quality assurance procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with the day-to-day operational responsibilities of the facility when needed to ensure all the Company's QA/QC procedures are reviewed and maintained in line with ISE Quality directives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Quality OR relevant engineering discipline is preferred.
- Extensive experience in QA within a precision machining and fabrication environment is required.
- Qualified Internal Auditor to ISO9001 preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of QA Manager experience is required.
- Extensive experience with ISO9001 & QMS management and development is preferred.
- Working experience in CE/ DNV/EN/ISO and lifting regulatory requirements concerning certification and marking.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience in a Fabrication and precision machining manufacturing environment.
- Experience in QA and certification within precision manufacturing and oil and gas environments.
- Experience in document management processes.
- Experience in Manual and CMM inspection methodologies.
- Experience working within a Lean manufacturing environment and use of Lean principles.
- Experience managing and developing people.