28438- Mechanical Engineer – Rig Package- Seeking Military Affiliation
Mechanical Engineer – Rig Package
Job Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/01/2023
Hours: Day Job
Salary Range: 87000.00 USD – 94000.00 USD
***EDUCATION REQUIRED – Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering***
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8AM-5PM (FLEXIBLE) – Hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work) after completion of training program.
TOP SKILLS REQUIRED:
– GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS – WRITTEN & VERBAL
– HIGH ATTENTION TO DETAIL
– AUTOCAD EXPERIENCE
– 2+ YEARS OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY PREFERRED
– MECHANICAL APTITUDE – KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT TRANSMISSIONS, ENGINES, DRIVE SHAFTS, ETC.
– PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WITH HEAVY EQUIPMENT IS HIGHLY PREFERRED AS THIS RESOURCE WILL BE WORKING WITH MOBILE RIGS AND LAND RIGS
– ABLE TO TROUBLESHOOT ON-SITE WITHIN A MANUFACTURING ENVIRONMENT
LOCAL COMPETITORS: SERVICE KING, STUART & STEVENSON, DRAGON, DRILLMEC
TRAVEL: THERE ARE FEW OCCASIONS WHERE FIELD VISITS OR FACILITY VISITS ARE NECESSARY BUT THIS IS TYPICALLY LESS THAN 5 DAYS A YEAR.
NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES.
UPWARD MOBILITY: THIS IS A LEVEL II ENGINEERING ROLE. THERE IS GROWTH TO MOVE UP TO A SENIOR LEVEL V POSITION IN THE FUTURE.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND IS PHONE INTERVIEW (30 MIN – 1 HOUR) & 2ND ROUND WILL BE IN-PERSON
Our organization is actively recruiting candidates for a Mechanical Engineer role to provide support on new product development, product improvement, and technical/lifecycle support on NOV Land and Mobile Rig Packages. The Engineer must be capable of producing or checking technical content including but not limited to component calculations, detail/assembly prints, technical reports, and test procedures. The selected candidate will work in a results-based environment either individually or as part of a design team.
– Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment pertaining to Land Drilling Rigs and Mobile Service & Workover Rigs.
– Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
– Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings.
– Research and specify purchased component parts.
– Identify product improvements.
– Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
– Comply with all company policies and procedures.
– Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
– 2 or more years of work experience in mechanical engineering and design.
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly.
– Knowledge of engineering standards and procedures
– Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
– Work independently or in a design team setting
– Able to multitask on multiple projects.
– Hands-on experience (e.g., mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding, etc.)