28442- Principle Engineer – Seeking Military Affiliation
Principal Engineer – Centrifugal Pumps
Job Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 09/01/2023
Hours: Day Job
Salary Range: 100000.00 USD – 110000.00 USD
***EDUCATION REQUIRED – Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering***
SCHEDULE: MONDAY-FRIDAY, 8AM TO 5PM (FLEXIBLE) – Hybrid work schedule (3 days in the office and 2 days remote work) after completion of training.
LOCAL COMPETITORS: GRUNDFOS USA, GOULD PUMPS, O’DRILL MCM
UPWARD MOBILITY: GROWTH TO BE POTENTIALLY PROMOTED IN THE FUTURE TO A ‘PRODUCT RESPONSIBLE ENGINEER’ POSITION, WHICH OFFERS AUTONOMY TO DRIVE NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS
TRAVEL: DOMESTIC – UP TO 5% ON AN AS-NEEDED BASIS
NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED. CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND WILL BE A VIRTUAL MEETING (30 MINS) & 2ND ROUND WILL BE IN PERSON TO INCLUDE ASSESSMENTS IN CAD AND ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
We are actively recruiting candidates for a Mechanical Engineer role to provide support on new product development, product improvement, and technical/lifecycle support on multiple products.
– Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment.
– Conceptualize mechanical design solutions.
– Perform stress analysis on mechanical components/systems.
– Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings.
– Create tolerance studies and check design documentation.
– Research and specify purchased component parts.
– Design component and system level test plans and test fixtures.
– Generate engineering reports documenting design/analysis efforts and results.
– Identify product improvements.
– Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
– Comply with all NOV company policies and procedures.
– Required – Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
– 10 or more years of rotating equipment? Centrifugal pumps experience.
– Proficient in the following engineering software:
1. CAD: Solidworks, or similar 3D Software
2. FEA: Solidworks Simulation, or equivalent
– Knowledge of engineering standards and procedures.
– Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Strong attention to detail and highly motivated.
– Work independently or in a design team setting.
– Able to multitask on multiple projects.
– Previous oilfield experience or familiarity preferred.
– Have knowledge and experience working in or with an ISO and/or API Q1 certified manufacturing facility.
– Working knowledge of industry specifications: API 6A, 7K, and/or 8C.