28872- Sr. Electrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire
Start Date: 10/16/2023
Hours: Day Job
Salary Range: 115000.00 USD – 135000.00 USD
***EDUCATION REQUIRED – BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING***
SCHEDULE: TYPICALLY, FROM 8:00AM TO 5:00PM – FLEXIBLE ON START & END TIMES – COULD BE 7:00AM TO 4:00PM OR 9:00AM TO 6:00PM
HYBRID AVAILABLE AFTER 3 MONTHS – 2 DAYS REMOTE, 3 DAYS WORKING IN THE OFFICE
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1ST ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED VIA MS TEAMS & 2ND ROUND WILL BE CONDUCTED IN PERSON.
JOB ROLE: Perform a variety of electrical engineering tasks designing, planning, and overseeing the design and development of components, systems, and machinery used in BOP control systems.
– Research, develop, and design electronic interface circuitry applications for control of products.
– Lead designers in the development of electrical, schematic, interconnect, cabling, and assembly drawings.
– Ensure equipment scope and content is defined during initial design processes.
– Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
– Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
– Coordinate design projects to assure maximum utilization of engineering expertise.
– Provide leadership in preparation, and ensure that projects are controlled with regard to scope, schedule, budget, performing appraisal, etc.
– Establish design criteria for projects using required codes and standards.
– Review contractual content to ensure technical and regulatory compliance.
– Ensure subsequent design changes are documented and transmitted as required to internal and external resources.
– Assist sales group in defining engineering parameters for quotations.
– Work with customers (internal/external) and review project defining documents to understand project requirements.
– Engineer components/assemblies for BOP control systems in accordance with customer contract and applicable codes and standards.
– Participate in design review.
– Provide manufacturing with technical assistance.
– Provide technical support during testing.
– Review and approve engineering documentation.
– Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
– Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
– Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
– 5 or more years of work experience in designing control systems.
– Knowledge of hazardous area standards including, but not limited to, ATEX, IECEx, and NEC is preferred.
– Knowledge of ABS, DNVGL, and API standards pertaining to BOP control systems is preferred.
– CompEx training or equivalent is a plus.