2nd shift Welder
Attention Welders in the Berea, Mt. Vernon or Richmond, area – we have a great opportunity for you in your own back yard, with lots of room for growth!
Our manufacturing client in Berea, KY is hiring now for an immediate start welding position!
Shift: 2nd Shift, Monday – Thursday, 4:00 pm – 2:30 am (10-hour shifts)
What you will be doing
- Set up, tack, weld, and allow for material draw on major components, sub-weldments, and miscellaneous parts while supporting continuous process of production of lift trucks
- Position fit, block, and clamp parts to obtain proper alignment; adjust fixturing; grind, cut, chip; tack
- Exercise care in welding to maintain a smooth even bead, obtain proper penetration and coverage, and check work for adherence to specifications
- Adjust fixturing, check alignment, tolerances, appearances, locations, and parallelism as needed.
- Plan initial set up of carriage and upright to allow for material draw after welding
- Ability to read and make decisions from SOE’s, OMS, shop orders, operation sheets, prints, diagrams, and written and verbal orders
- Regulate current voltage pressure
- Maintain adherence for a quality standards
- Promote a safe work environment through safe behavior, safe operation of equipment and proper use of (PPE)
- Proper care of tools, equipment, PPE, materials, and facility and maintain general housekeeping
- Support and help enforce all company policies; including safety, housekeeping, environmental, financial, reporting, and discipline
- Must be able to manage time in such a way as to maintain an acceptable level of attendance.
- Exhibit willingness to participate in training deemed necessary by management to assist in the development of basic and technical skills
What we need from you:
- A minimum of six months experience
- A high school diploma or GED
- Basic math skills
- Familiar with welding techniques, blueprint reading equivalent to some specialized training and testing – normally acquired through Vocational or post High School Certification
- Physical ability to perform tasks related to this assignment – occasionally exerting heavy effort to set up and tack uprights, carriage, sub-weld, and counterweights
- Safety knowledge in a manufacturing environment and proper use of PPE
- Familiar with DFT techniques
Why you will love it:
- Temp to Hire position based upon work ethic and attendance
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- Medical insurance options
- 401(k) options
Click on the application link for this job board or go to www.hamilton-ryker.com/jobs. Then select the Central KY office as your closest branch.
You can also apply in person at our Lexington, KY office located at 1416 Leestown Rd, or call us at (859) 266-5000 to schedule an appointment in Berea.
#welder #indsutrial #manufacturing #ZR