CNA Military Affiliated Apprenticeship – Newport News, VA
Seeking care assistants with a military affiliation. This includes Transitioning service members, Guard, Reserves, Veterans, and Spouses!
Class Dates 2024:
January 8 – Feb 15
March 4 – April 11
April 29 – June 6
October 14 – November 21
EARN AS YOU LEARN!
This PAID training class has classroom and clinical hours on a day shift schedule. Training is accelerated and lasts approximately six weeks, with rotating weekends for On-the-Job Training. Full participation is required.
The class is at James River Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Newport News, Virginia. Hours may vary between 6:30 am and 4 pm. This program includes clinical rotations with possible travel to Coliseum Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
Upon completing the training class, you'll be placed in one of our facilities as a full-time Certified Nurse Aide. You will be asked your preference on facility location and shift before graduation, and we will do our best to accommodate. Costs associated with the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program exam for state certification are paid for.
The Earn-As-You-Learn program is available at NO COST to you with a 12-month education agreement.
Care Assistant Requirements:
- Understand and carry out simple written and oral instructions.
- Read, write, and comprehend short correspondence and memos.
- Gerontological experience is a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required.
What will I do as a CNA?
- Maintain resident rooms and nursing units per infection control standards.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation of resident care.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to assist in achieving planned resident goals.
Recognizing you have many options, we are vested in our team members and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Group Health insurance including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with an annual employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment, and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team!