CNC Machine Operator
Priority Personnel is hiring CNC Machine Operators for a manufacturing company located in San Marcos, TX.
Pay rate: $22/hour
Work Schedule: 2nd shift Mon-Fri/2:30pm-10:00pm
- Ensure the CNC machine operates in accordance with the guidelines of the company
- Oversee the machines while they execute the tasks and make the necessary changes to produce improved results
- Check machinery daily to guarantee functionality
- Record all machine actions by completing production and quality logs
- Communicate logistics issues that arise in the process of creating a part
- Ensure that results of machining process align with client expectations
- Conduct regular CNC machine assessments
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Operates CNC, by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes, CNC, by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend change or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- 2 years' work experience in CNC machining operator
- Experience should include 3 axis, conversational programming, like Mazak
- Experience working with sheetmetal products is a plus.
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and engineering drawings Gibbscam is a plus for programming VTL
- Understand basic Fanuc controls
- Blueprint reading skills
- Able to understand geometric signs and tolerances
- Capable of reading and using measuring instruments
- Knowledge of Algebra and math functions
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com