A food manufacturer located in San Marcos, TX is currently seeking 2nd shift Corn Processors to join their team!
Work schedule: 11:00am – 10:00pm (2nd shift), 11:00pm-9:00am (3rd shift), working 5 days with two days off. Those 5 days will vary, as the schedule rotates.
Pay rate: $13/hour (2nd shift), $14/hour (3rd shift)
- All cooks and receptionists must help in weighing the lime (Lime Calcium) Some having bags and filling the buckets a person weighing the pounds of lime in each bucket correctly (approximate time 30 minutes).
- Receivers go to the first level of the plant to test the water in the discharge lines to verify that the pipes that lead the corn to the tanks are clean (approximately 10 minutes).
- Cooks begin preparing Kettle’s 1, 2, 3, and 4 with the quantities – exact Kettle water, corn, and lime and setting the cooking time to talk on the radio (Walkie Talkie) to the receivers.
- Cooks when ready for download, first cook talk on radio (Walkie Talkie) to Receivers.
- Receivers check that the bypass valves are open correctly so that the corn reaches the selected tank well.
- Receivers when the corn has finished falling into the tank, take the first temperature noted in the report, cooking number, tank number and mark the location of the tank on the guide map, match the corn that is covered well under hot water.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred)
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Strong Organizational and time management skills
- Able to multi-task
- Attention to Detail
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift at least 75-80lbs
- Able to be on feet for the duration of the shift.
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand on a concrete floor.
- Able to work in various temperatures/weather
- Steel toed boots, jeans or work pants required
- Water boots and shirt are provided
- No jewelry or piercings while on the job and no long nails or fake nails.