Dietary Cook – Kilmarnock, VA – Seeking Military Affiliation
- Ensure meals are prepared according to the spreadsheet or recipe so the dietary needs of each resident are met.
- Ensure proper storage and handling of all food, including knowledge of appropriate time, holding temperatures, and temperature documentation (HACCP.)
- Monitor inventory to ensure adequate quantities of food are on hand.
- Assist using the menu tray card system.
- Effectively operate all kitchen appliances.
- Follow facility cleaning schedule to maintain proper cleaning and sanitation of kitchen equipment and work area.
- Wash dishes and clean work areas, tables, cabinets, carts, and ovens per infection control standards.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures.
- Promote and demonstrate positive customer service towards VHS, co-workers, residents, family members, and visitors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple information.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, turn, bend, stoop, lift, push, pull, reach, talk, hear, taste or smell.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move up to 50 pounds.
- Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and hazardous materials
- ServSafe Certified.
- Prior food service experience.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedules
- Group Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision,
- Flexible spending and health savings account
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and personal days
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Referral program
- State-of-the-art, Employment, Enrichment, and Education Center to provide hands-on opportunities for training and development of our team.