Entry-Level & Experienced Aerial Lineman – Central Point, OR Seeking Military Affiliated Candidates
Salary based on experience level: $17/hr – $40+/hr
– This position involves heavy lifting and physical labor, working on a 4-person team to install poles, strand, fiber, or conduit to help build our network.
– Workdays are between 8 to 10 hours a day, up to 5 days per week with an opportunity for overtime pay.
– Be on call periodically and may frequently travel out of town for jobs.
- Perform all duties assigned by the Aerial Foreman, which include but are no limited to, help erect telephone poles, feed fiber and provide tools to aerial lineman from the ground, work in a bucket truck, trim trees, dig holes, etc.
- Perform heavy manual labor, able to lift 70lbs on occasion.
- Work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, and twisting.
- Flag on job sites as needed.
- Complete assigned trainings as required.
- Work as a team with other crews.
- Be on time everyday and maintain good attendance (workdays typically start at 6AM)
- Must be in excellent physical condition with the ability to lift up to 70 lbs on occasion
- Work flexible hours, overtime, and take 24 hour on call duty rotating basis, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night.
- A current class A CDL – or we can help you obtain your class A CDL with provided internal training (must be able to obtain within 90 days of hire date).
- Ability to drive company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Possess a flagging certificate or obtain one within 90 days of hire date (training provided).
- Ability to think ahead and use independent judgment.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to within 35 minutes of the office.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- A current CPR card or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire date (training provided).
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary.
- Ability to work while standing 80 – 90% of the time.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Clean driving record.
Our client has some of the best benefits in Southern Oregon!
All employees are provided a great benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, and an employee assistance program. Additionally, they offer very generous vacation, sick, and holiday time off, a 401k program with a generous employer match, and numerous bonus opportunities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.