Farm Maintenance Associate
Do you love the smell of fresh air in the morning? Do you like the idea of getting to work and seeing a beautiful view? Well then, a career in farm maintenance might be for you.
Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm (48hr week)
Pay: $10.00 per hour.
Farm maintenance associates will be responsible for maintaining the farm entrances, gated horse fences, barns, farm roads and offices of a thoroughbred horse farm in the Lexington, KY area.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Load and unload 70lb. hay & straw bales.
- Deliver by farm wagon to designated storage in horse barns.
- Lift, carry and move 50 lb. feed bags for horses.
- Mulching throughout farm as instructed by manager.
- Keep drives, walkways, porches, activity areas clean by using a blower or water hose as necessary.
- Fertilize and seeding of fields, horse pastures and grass areas
- Seeding and repairing of bare or dead spots.
- Assist in maintaining miles of horse fencing by painting, replace, repair, discard wood planks.
- Emergency horse fencing repairs after a storm or tree limb damage.
- Use of weed trimmers, edger and push mowers around horse fence posts and barns.
- Maintenance of trees by mulching, weeding, pruning, watering, fertilizing, and spraying.
- Remove and discard any dead or downed tree limbs in horse pastures and fields. Rake and remove leaves as needed.
- Prune shrubs to control shape and improve growth. Remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Water plants and landscape beds not irrigated.
- Clean/muck out straw in horse stalls (without horses in barn) in limited situations as needed.
- Operate specialized equipment as needed (riding mower, push mower, Gator/ATV, sprayers, fertilizer spreader)
- Must be at least 18 years old or older
- Comply with Hamilton-Ryker substance abuse policy
- Previous related landscaping experience preferred
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- Medical insurance options
- 401(k) and ESOP options
Click on the application link for this job board or go to www.hamilton-ryker.com. Select job board, then select the Versailles office as your closest branch.
You can also apply in person at 551 Marsailles Road Versailles, KY 40383, Monday through Friday 9am – 11am or 1:30pm to 3:30pm or call us at (859) 873-9786 to schedule an interview.