Farm Maintenance Associate
Do you love the smell of fresh air in the morning? Do you like the idea of getting to work and seeing a beautiful view? Well then, a career in farm landscaping might be for you.
This position is a 1st shift position, Monday-Saturday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm,
Pay is $10.00 per hour.
Farm Maintenance Associates will maintain areas of Thoroughbred horse farms in the Versailles area farm by performing the following duties:
- Farm property maintenance areas include farm entrances, gated horse fences, barns, farm roads and office.
- Load and unload 70lb. hay & straw bales. Deliver by farm wagon to designated storage in horse barns.
- Lift, carry and move 50 lb. feed bags for horses.
- Mulching throughout farm as instructed by manager.
- Keep drives, walkways, porches, activity areas clean by using a blower or water hose as necessary.
- Fertilize and seeding of fields, horse pastures and grass areas as instructed by Property Manager. Seeding and repairing of bare or dead spots.
- Assist in maintaining miles of horse fencing by painting, replace, repair, discard wood planks. Emergency horse fencing repairs after a storm or tree limb damage.
- Use of weed trimmers, edger and push mowers around horse fence posts and barns.
- Maintenance of trees by mulching, weeding, pruning, watering, fertilizing, and spraying. Remove and discard any dead or downed tree limbs in horse pastures and fields. Rake and remove leaves as needed.
- Prune shrubs to control shape and improve growth. Remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs. Water plants and landscape beds not irrigated.
- Clean/muck out straw in horse stalls (without horses in barn) in limited situations as needed.
- Operate specialized equipment as needed (riding mower, push mower, Gator/ATV, sprayers, fertilizer spreader)
- Previous related experience preferred
- Comply with Substance abuse policy
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- Medical Insurance Options
- 401(k) and ESOP Options