General Labor (1st Shift)
Job Description: To inspect, finish, and pack Automotive parts. Working in manufacturing using hands and loading plastic sheets weighing 9-10 lbs. in a machine. The machine will cut the parts and the operator takes them out and puts the parts on a skid for shipping and receiving dept. Very hot temperatures in facility! Parts are formed with heat and there in no A/C on the manufacturing floor.
- Minimum requirements basic reading, writing and math skills
- Be able to use and read a tape measure and micrometer
- 6-panel drug screen is required
- Local Background checks are required
- Safety glasses are required. Corvac provides safety glasses and ear plugs.
- No experience necessary
- Positions are very physically demanding.
- Very hot in facility! Parts are formed with heat and there in no A/C on the manufacturing floor.
- Breaks are paid and lunches are not paid. Associates must clock out and in for lunch break There is a break room to use and shelves for lunch boxes. All associates will need to bring their lunch with them, they are not able to leave company property during the work day.
- Smoking is allowed is designated areas outside the plant ONLY!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully participate in and support the Corvac Quality System
- Adhere to all Corvac policies and procedures concerning safety and personal conduct
- Inspecting parts for any webs, thin spots, or unwanted holes
- Trimming any excess flash from sides of parts
- Performing any assembly per the specific job instruction
- Checking that the parts' dimensions are within tolerances
- Placing part on appropriate check fixture to verify shape and form
- Inspecting parts to ensure all processes have been completed
- Packing parts in correct bins according to packing procedure
- Attaching the appropriate labels to the bins
- Completing Final Pack Inspection Sheet paperwork
The following tasks are to be done, monitored, logged, or documented on a per shift basis daily. Your performance evaluation is based, in part, on the ability to insure these are done consistently. They are an important part of the Functional Inspection & Assembly operations that include customer requirements, and the Corvac Quality System.
1) Insure you are working to the inspection, assembly, and pack work instructions.
2) Insure First piece is done and posted for the operation you are working on.
3) Insure your production and scrap counts are accurate and properly documented on the production sheets.
4) Insure the production sheets are filled out for shift, date, and operator. Counts are correct, legible and totaled. Insure they are turned in at the end of your shift to your leader, supervisor, or the drop box.
5) Insure that required PPE is worn and safety equipment is used.
6) Insure your work area is clean and organized on a by shift basis.
The above requirements are there to assist is improving quality and output, and guide us in the direction for improvements in equipment, process, and reduction of downtime. Your helps is needed, and will be appreciated.