Priority Personnel is currently hiring Temporary Grant Secretary for Texas State's Austin location. Assignment is expected to last until the end of August.
Pay rate: $17/hour
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8am-5pm
- Record budget transactions Maintain a program shadow budget
- Ongoing tracking and reconciliation of the TSA Program budgets to ensure compliance with university and U.S. Department of Education regulations
- Prepare and process requisitions/invoices for purchases Submit monthly budget reports
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student employees and evaluate work performance
- Make travel arrangements and prepare travel applications and vouchers Maintain program files and review for completeness
- Maintain an electronic records management system (Blumen/Lacai databases) to ensure accurate record keeping and reporting of program services
- Provide administrative and technical support to the Director in monitoring performance objectives to ensure accurate and timely completion of the Department of Education Annual Performance Report
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Assist Director by preparing and processing forms needed for efficient office/program operations
- Assist in coordinating, organizing, and implementing college readiness, cultural and developmental student activities
- Answer a multi-line phone, transfer and screen calls as needed; take detailed messages
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalence
- Experience in secretarial or administrative work
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks in accurate and timely manner
- Ability to coordinate a variety of work activities and work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks, projects, and assignments with minimal supervision
- Experience with fiscal and/or budget management
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in a courteous manner with internal and external contacts
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive records and files.
- Skilled in operating office equipment, including copiers, fax machines and multi-line telephones
- Ability to operate a personal computer with Microsoft Windows and Office software, including Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, and Word
- Travel between work sites may be required. Must have own reliable transportation.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com