Machine Operator-1st Shift
Are you mechanically inclined and like making machinery run smoothly? If so, we are currently working with a light industrial client that specializes in producing metal products, who needs a Machine Operator right now! This is a temp to hire position with an opportunity for employment.
Shift: 1st Shift/ 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities – New employee – some high school training or prior job experience preferred.
- Tends fabricating machines, such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, brakes, presses, forming machines, spinning machines, and punch, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures: Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions work piece against stops, manually or using hoist, or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions, using rule, template, or other measuring instruments to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece, using file, hand grinder, or wire brush.
- Performs minor machine maintenance, such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces.
- Assists machine operators to set up machine, and stack, mark, pack, and transport finished work pieces.
- May rivet and spot-weld work pieces.
• Must be 18 or over
• Must comply with Hamilton-Ryker’s substance abuse policy
• Weekly Pay
• Direct Deposit
• Medical Insurance options
• 401 (k) and ESOP options
Click on the application link for this job board, or go to www.hamilton-ryker.com, select “Job Board” and select Hamilton-Ryker Leitchfield as your closest branch. You can also apply in person at 322 South Main Street #1 Leitchfield, Ky 42754, or call us at 270-259-9640 to schedule an interview.