Maintenance Mechanic II
A company located in Seguin, TX is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic II to join their team!
Pay rate: $17-24/hour
This employee will perform duties required to maintain and repair polyethylene blown film extrusion lines with conveying and winding equipment and multi-lane bag machines with auto pak equipment. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in mechanical and electrical related field.
- Minimum of 3 years mechanical and/or electrical experience maintaining industrial equipment or equivalent
- Ability to work shift work, weekends and 12 hour shifts
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- PC skills/aptitude in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Internet Explorer, preferred
- Forklift, Scissor-lift, boom-lift operator training
- Successful completion of maintenance training matrix with eligible score for next step progression
- Read the following types of prints: Electrical, machine, building and flow control diagrams.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, manuals, extremely close specifications and instructions from maintenance supervisor.
- Design and build complex parts, frames and stands.
- Cut out square and parallel openings in guards and panels.
- Build electrical panels from as built prints.
- Arc, MIG, TIG welding, sweat copper and solder.
- Perform precise mechanical adjustments and repairs and dismantle devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Rebuild mechanical parts and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on extruders and bag machines according to close specifications and standardized procedures
- Communicate with appropriate production personnel regarding mechanical problems and provide technical assistance as required.
- Detect and report any unusual conditions or defective equipment to maintenance supervisor. Notify electrical supervisor of any major electrical problems.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for machine improvement and upgrades.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Operate forklift, scissor lift, knuckle lift, bucket truck, flat bed truck, box truck, forklift boom, Drexel forklift and have the ability to back up trailers.
- Troubleshoot rotary and piston type compressors, PM air compressors. Troubleshoot air dryers and know how to repair and service oil/water traps.
- Replace, rebuild and troubleshoot water pumps.
- Calculate gear ratios.
- Work with close tolerances.
- Design pneumatic controls.
- Thread pipe.
- Calculate wire size required for different amp circuits.
- Understand voltage and amp rating used on SO cords.
- Troubleshoot live electrical circuits on bag machines, auto packs, binders, ultra Sonics, cartoning machines, and case sealers.
- Troubleshoot and replace parts on winders, color lines, and printing press.
- Turn on or off extruder feed hoppers by going inside live electrical feed hopper control panels.
- Troubleshoot live electrical circuits on air conditioning units and water chillers.
- Adjust extruder treater electrodes.
- Remove and replace die heater bands.
- Repair and rebuild bag machine hot knifes.
- Understand the grounding requirements for electrical panels, panel doors, electrical covers and guards.
- Replace bearings and motor brushes.