Do you want to take your career to the next level?!
Hamilton-Ryker in partnership with our client in Nicholasville, KY is seeking qualified candidates for Material Handlers for their Shipping department.
Shift: 1st shift: Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
What you will do:
- Responsible for assembling and packaging components needed for the assembly line and customer orders
- Verifies and keeps records on outgoing shipments
- Prepares items for shipment
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within the plant or work site, and verifies material counts.
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to the shipment and receipt of materials, supplies, equipment and finished products shipped
- Pull component parts from inventory according to Job routings and Bills of Materials and assemble them for packaging of individual customer orders.
- Work closely with other departments – regularly – to coordinate on-time shipment of parts. This may include same-day transactions to support ongoing Customer Service and Quality activities.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects pre-assembled containers and inserts items into containers.
- Nails covers on wooden crates and binds containers with strapping.
- Attaches identifying information, tags or labels and shipping instructions onto crates, cases, bales or other containers for shipment.
- Post weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping material and supplies.
What we need from you:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or over
- Must comply with Hamilton-Ryker’s substance abuse policy
- Ability to read, comprehend simple instructions
- Must lift up/move up to 40 pounds
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Why you will love it:
- Temp to Hire (based upon work ethics and attendance)
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- Medical insurance available
- 401(k) options
Click on the application link for this job board or go to www.hamilton-ryker.com/jobs. Select Central KY as your closest branch.
You can also apply in person at 1416 N. Forbes Road Lexington, KY 40511 or call us at (859) 266-5000 to discuss other opportunities.
#materialhandler #manufacturing #industrial #forklift