Shift: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Pay: $20-$30/HR (*Depending on experience)
We are looking for a lead mechanic/shop supervisor to join our team in the South Jackson area!
Lead mechanics coordinate the teams of mechanics and ensures the timely completion of repairs. They supervise their team, order mechanical parts, and inspect their work making sure that the standards are met. They are responsible for repairing, overhauling, and maintaining vehicles. It is their job to provide support and give advice on matters associated with repairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Inspects, evaluates, and repairs a variety of complex and critical stationary and mobile mechanical equipment, electrical and electro-mechanical equipment, and facilities.
- Troubleshoots complex equipment problems, and recommends time, equipment, and materials required to effect repairs; makes emergency repairs as required.
- Develops, reviews, and archives maintenance and repair operating procedures.
- Maintains accurate records and files electronically and/or in hard copy as required of job plans, work performed, and materials and supplies used.
- Repairs, overhauls or replaces malfunctioning, damaged equipment or worn parts.
- Cleans, services, and paints equipment, machinery, vehicles, structures, buildings, pipelines, storage tanks, and any other assets.
- Services, adjusts, and tunes a variety of equipment such as engines, motors, pumps, valves, control systems, boilers, heat exchangers, and chemical feed systems.
- Uses and performs maintenance on a variety of hand and power tools and safety equipment.
- Stable Auto Mechanic work history
- Experience with foreign and domestic vehicles
- Fluent in scan diagnostics
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications helpful, but not required
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining an elevated level of customer service
- Ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and AC systems
- Must hold a current, valid driver’s license
If you're interested in working in a positive, fast-paced environment with great benefits, apply today! For more information, please give us a call at 731-668-0742 or stop by our office at 319 D, Vann Dr, Jackson, TN 38305. We look forward to meeting you!