A medical facility is currently seeking a Medical Receptionist to join their team.
Pay rate: $14/hour
Work Schedule: Mon, Wed, Fri/7:45am-5:00pm, Tues, Thurs/8:30am-6:00pm
- Assist patients with check-in process. Obtain all necessary forms and documentation and update patient accounts.
- Schedule appointments in appropriate slots according to written guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service that is welcoming and inclusive.
- Determine when a patient or visitor may need urgent care based on verbal and visual assessment. (Send to triage nurse)
- Contribute positively to team. Log onto computer at scheduled time. Comply with scheduled shift. Work with other team members to fill in for absences as needed.
- Release correspondence to patients with valid ID.
- Input patient’s insurance information.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times. Protect patient health information. Only access minimum necessary information.
- Provide back-up at Call Center as needed. Assist patients by scheduling appointments, taking messages, answering questions, and updating patient accounts.
- Provide back-up at Cashier as needed. Assist patients by checking them out, determining patient responsibility, obtaining payment, answer questions regarding fees and payment options, and additional Cashier tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service experience
- Minimum of 1-year experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be able to handle fast paced, stressful work environment. Must use excellent customer service skills while assisting patients and privately communicating their medical needs.
This is a (long-term) temporary non-benefits eligible position.