Production Supervisor SkillBridge/CSP for Transitioning Service Members – Jerome, ID
SkillBridge Opportunity – Active Duty, Military Applicants ONLY!
Who we are:
Novolex® is a leader in packaging innovation, choice, and sustainability who manufacture products in paper, plastic, and sustainable materials for the food, retail, health, and industrial markets.
Our vision is built upon three pillars: our products, operations, and people. Each is critically important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our wide-ranging initiatives.
What does the role include?
- Lead, assist, motivate, and evaluate shift employees in daily operations and problem resolution.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Promote and train on consistent and proactive safety, including but not limited to compliance audits, incident reports, and investigation on “close calls.”
- Train team in executing proper company procedures focusing on safety, quality, and meeting production goals.
- Work with HR for payroll processing, personnel or labor issues, and staffing.
- Inform peers of important issues at shift changeover.
- Manage shift to attain production and scrap goals.
- Work with support personnel to troubleshoot and resolve process, equipment, and material issues.
Who are we looking for?
- E-5/O-1 and above with at least 5 years of service in a position leading others.
- Previous successful production supervision experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment (Preferred but not required)
- Bilingual – English/Spanish (Highly sought after / Not required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; willing and able to learn new systems.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Accountable for performance/actions.
- Team player who can build lasting, productive business relationships with hourly employees, management, and peers.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (occasionally more) and regularly stand/move about the facility.
- 4 – 6-month commitment (Required)
- October/November start date.
- NO COHORT!!
- The training will be in-person at our facility.
- SkillBridge participant is expected to receive a job offer for the Production Supervisor role at the conclusion of this internship.
- Facility/location of your choice upon hire.
- AZ CA CO CT FL GA ID IL IN KS KY MA MS
- NV NJ NY NC OH PA SC TN TX UT VA WA WI
With safety and commitment to employee well-being as our top priority, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance (including Telehealth options) and other well-being resources focused on mental, physical, and financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may vary depending on where you work.
Giving back to local communities who support us is extremely important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives and address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility-level support of activities in the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and Development
We offer a variety of continuing education opportunities to assist in advancement via skills development, advanced education programs, training and development programs, and many more. Programs include company and industry training curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the organization.