Now hiring with Time Staffing in Shreve OH! Supervisor job opportunity. Temp to hire opportunity.
Job Title: Supervisor Floater
Shift: 1st Shift (8am – 4pm)
Pay: $45,000.00 per year, wages based on experience
What You Will Do:
- Oversee and be responsible for all aspects of production activities in the assigned department
- Communicate and coordinate with leading / following production departments to have a planned and organized approach to the overall activities of the factory as a whole
- Able to evaluate existing and upcoming work for the department, identify bottlenecks, ensure adequate resources are available, and push through production at rates that meet or exceed existing standards
- Show respect and consideration for all company associates, customers, and suppliers
- Ensure the safety of everyone in the department and uphold all safety standards
- Ensure that all equipment and tooling in the department are safe and functioning correctly; notifying setup and/or maintenance staff of issues and timely repairs of issues
- Responsible for upholding all quality standards set forth by the company and its customers
- Monitor all staffing requirements including overtime and weekends schedules; manage requests for vacation and other requests for leave for your department
- Be sure all associates are trained and motived to the fullest of their capabilities
- Maintain all department paperwork including but not limited to entries to the ERP system, documenting work Instructions, timecard accuracy, and any other production or human resource documents
- Maintain two-way communications with your team, other departments, and management
- Conduct regular meetings with your team that highlight achievements, goals, and concerns
- Initiate disciplinary actions with the cooperation of HR
- Uphold all rules and regulations as set forth by the company handbook and safety and quality manuals
- Work closely with scheduling to maintain a smooth and balanced production flow
- Responsible for the organization and standardization of department
- Drive continuous improvement in the department and company
- Ability to learn other departments such as shipping and quality to float between departments as needed.
What We Need From You:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must comply with client’s substance abuse policy
- Must comply with criminal background requirements
- The ability to lift 55-60 lbs. on a regular basis and, occasionally, up to 100 lbs.
- Willingness to work in a dusty environment that involves long periods of exposure to high heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Proficiency in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, calculation of percentages)
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills; strong attention to detail
- Previous experience as a supervisor a plus
- Previous training in safety and OSHA regulations a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, good typing skills, comfortable with a computer
What You Will Love About Us:
Temp to hire based on work ethic and attendance
Medical, Vision and Dental insurance options
Apply today at www.timestaffinginc.com/jobs or call to set an appointment!
Ashland/Wooster – (419) 207-0333
Willard – (419) 951-6093
We look forward to helping you with your job search.