Do you have supervisory skills and looking somewhere to work with great benefits? Priority Personnel is currently hiring a Team Leader for a packaging company located in Seguin, TX.
Work Schedule: 2-2-3 schedule with scheduled day/night rotation
Pay rate: $16/hour
- Complete conversion and extrusion QA Audits
- Maintain inventory on assigned checklist
- Screen and scrap product in hold area
- Sign off on skids
- Fill out hold tickets
- Complete silo reports
- Restock conversion boxes
- Update and verify SCJ colorant bucket labels
- Organize the extrusion WIP
- Maintain general housekeeping in ink room
- Clean EDB and properly dispose of ink into drums
- Maintain general housekeeping of conversion, extrusion, and warehouse areas
- Weigh, document, and cut scrap
- Perform other related duties as assigned, directed or in accordance with designated responsibilities
- Meet or exceed production objectives and align staff and teams with objectives
- Oversee execution of all production functions as related to safety, trouble shouting, change over’s, production, maintenance, quality assurance, and scheduling.
- Verify and report all daily production/quality data to designated standards
- Hold operators accountable for running to standards and assure all run/spec sheets are complete and accurate
- Responsible for the development of all operator activities in extrusion and conversion related to the understanding of production equipment, process flow, quality requirements and procedures, and overall employee safety.
- Prepare daily reports to monitor, report, and initiate action on results of efficiencies, quality, and costs.
- Determine and ensure appropriate staffing, capacity, and raw materials to meet current and forecasted production requirements.
- Oversee fair, consistent and timely administration of all policies, work rules, disciplinary actions, performance reviews and skill development.
- Ensure that the workplace is safe, professional, clean, and conforms to good manufacturing practices and “5s” housekeeping.
- Assure plant policies including safety/code red/quality/GMP/C-TPAT are maintained at all times.
- Identify and implement safety, quality, and cost savings initiatives as they pertain to production.
- Generate ideas and initiate actions with regard to equipment, training, staffing, raw materials, systems, and general operations improvements.
- Monitor report and initiate action on any unsafe condition or act (STOP).
- Work closely with maintenance, quality, production, and other production areas to ensure highest quality products.
- Participate in product development efforts.
- Create strong relationships and work closely with all operations in sharing knowledge, resources, technology, cost savings ideas, and product / process improvements.
- Lead periodic 10 minute shift meetings (Safety/Quality/GMP) with required documentation.
- Attend all scheduled Team Leader meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Technical proficiency with all production equipment related to extrusion and conversion
- Must have successfully completed both Skill Block courses for extrusion and conversion or have the ability to successfully complete within given timeframe
- Three years prior production experience in plastics
- 6 months to 1 year prior leadership experience training.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good people skills, able to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization, from temporary employees to management
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- Ability to train machine operators
- Experience in a multi-shift environment
- Forklift operation experience a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of start up, string up, and changeover of Chinese and Retro Flex print presses.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning of Die Plates.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability and cooperation to work extra hours as required
Benefits: Medical/Dental and Vision (if elected) will start on the 1st of the month following their hire date. 401(k) savings plan is effective at the beginning of the month following 90 days.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com