Directional Drill Operator – Telecommunications
Our client is seeking a skilled Directional Drill Operator to join their growing team. This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-established, rapidly growing company that fosters career opportunities.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Operate Horizontal Directional Drill
- Locate for Horizontal Directional Drill to install underground conduit and fiber optic cable.
- Ensure the safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities.
- Assist in potholing and remediation.
- Assist with setting hand holes and completing tie-ins.
- Read and comprehend utility locates.
- Occasionally perform heavy manual labor, lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Set equipment up to include the drill and water tanks.
- Ground the machine.
- Formulate and mix drilling mud for the site conditions.
- Perform reaming and pull-back methods for existing conditions.
- Clean and maintain the equipment:
- Check fluid levels.
- Conduct a visual inspection of the vehicle/equipment to ensure they perform optimally.
- Perform the required pre-trip and post-trip inspections along with the required reports.
- Perform needed maintenance, including winterizing equipment.
- Communicate with the supervisor daily to turn in required reports (i.e., Bore logs, vehicle maintenance reports, crew time logs, etc.)
- Follow specifications for the job and company policies.
- Comply with safety procedures on and off the project site.
- Strive for optimal production while working safely and performing quality work.
- Possession of a valid Class A driver’s license – other candidates may be considered (especially CDL permit holders or Class B holders).
- This position is subject to the U.S. D.O.T. and Federal Highway Administration regulations relating to controlled substance and alcohol use and testing)
- Demonstrated experience in utility construction.
- Read and interpret underground construction plans and written instructions.
- Ability to think ahead and use independent judgment.
- Must live or be willing to relocate to within 35 minutes of the office.
- Clean driving record.